Tuesday, January 31, 2012

In Lotus Notes 6.5, how can I get my calendar to change colors to detect when someone is viewing my calendar.?

Ex. My calendar entries are blue but if someone was viewing my calendar at the same time I was, the calendar entries would be light blue.

In Lotus Notes 6.5, how can I get my calendar to change colors to detect when someone is viewing my calendar.?
Native Notes can not detect that a document is currently read by someone else (but can detect if it is edited by someone else, = doc locking mecanism)...



.. but we can imagine that you redevelop your Calendar database (mailxx.nsf), so that when a user has opened a document, then it changes a flag-color field with Current value+1 for example (and save the document so) ... when it closes the document, then the flag-color field has to be changed to Current Value-1.

The calendar view has to be changed to handle color document, using this new flag field: blue color+flag-color field value (never done that, but I think this is possible).

This way when you enter in your calendar (same replica !!!), you can see which document is currently opened.



... good luck ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment