Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lotus Notes in box empty?

Somehow all my messages from my inbox got moved into my "views all documents". I have no idea how this happened or how to get my old messages and any new messages to go to my inbox. This is my e-mail for my work. Any suggestions?

Lotus Notes in box empty?
You should know that with Lotus Notes there is only one copy of each document in your mail file, and that Views and Folders are nothing more than pointers to those documents. The All Documents view uses a formula to determine which documents are to be displayed there, and you cannot manually add or remove documents from this view. The In-box however is just like a personal folder where you can add or remove documents as you please, and obviously it is also the designated folder where new messages are automatically sent. I think one of three things could have happened here.



1. If it seems only your previously read documents have disappeared, then you probably clicked on the "View Unread" button that is on the far right of the toolbar. If you now see a button on the far right that says "View All," click on that and all of your previously read In-box documents will be displayed again.



2. The design of your In-box has become corrupt and was deleted before being replace by your Notes admin. You may check with the admin to see if this happened, and whether your In-box docs were first moved into a personal folder.



3. You selected all of your documents and either moved them to a personal folder, or removed them all together. I'm sure you would have remembered doing this, so hopefully #1 above solves your problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment